Tuesday 9 April 2013

DIY: Transform Trousers into Shorts

 photo Fulllength-NoFace_zpse95ca6bf.jpg
Shorts & Belt: Primark | Top: New Look | Necklace: New Look

Primark is a haven for skint fashionistas, and when their clothes are on sale the prices can get a tad ridiculous. So I wasn't surprised when I found dusk blue trousers for merely one pound. Even though I couldn't see myself pulling off blue trousers I knew I had to spare the change to get them. £1 is too much of a bargain to ignore!
 photo BlueTrousers_zps0c0e3a58.jpg

 photo Process-Cutting_zps92162ebd.jpgI decided that the best way to transform them would be to whip out the scissors and create cute shorts! The process of creating shorts from trousers is pretty straightforward, but I thought I'd share how I did it, just so no one's left confused:

Materials Needed:
1. Trousers that you don't mind cutting up
2. Scissors - fabric scissors if you want to be fancy

Instructions:
1. Lay out the trousers flat on a table or on the floor.
2. Cut the trousers to desired length PLUS 10 to 15cm extra.
3. Roll up the bottom of the shorts to the desired length.
4. Ta-da! You have transformed your trousers into shorts!

 photo Mid_zpsf0f642cf.jpg
I'm pretty happy with them. Now fingers crossed Ireland gets nice and warm this year so I can wear these without freezing. Maybe even a little sun so my legs can turn at least one shade darker than paper-white? Wishful thinking? Probably.

2 comments:

  1. You are SO darling in those cuffed shorts! I can't believe you made them! They are in such a pretty color too. Great inspiration!

    -Mia
    www.msmiamaree.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thank you! So nice of you to say! :D

    ReplyDelete