Monday 15 April 2013

DIY: Customise a White Tee

Fabric Markers photo Markers_zps44896815.jpg
A while ago I spotted neon fabric markers for only €4 in River Island. It made for an instant purchase...
Add two white tees from Penney's (€2.50 each) into the mix and you've got a simple DIY project. Alan and I had a quick brainstorming session and we each came up with a concept. Next, all that was left to do was to get drawing.
Hands photo Hands_zpsfdcd2aac.jpg
Tip: When using fabric markers on a t-shirt, put cardboard in the tee and draw on the fabric over this cardboard. This way you will be sure that your markings won't leak through and mark the back of the t-shirt and it provides something to lean on, making it easier to draw.
 photo AlanampClaire_zps975722ae.jpg
Claire: I went for a simple design of little green and orange hearts. I also cut the tee into a crop top and rolled up the sleeves. The plan is to wear this over a bikini in the summer. Bring on the beach!
Jessi Tee photo Tee-Jessi_zpsde435d6c.jpg
Alan: I took a regular photo and edited it on Photoshop to create a simple line drawing which I then copied on to the tee. It was designed with a friend in mind; we joked before that I would create my own design especially for her so I present: J by Toye.


-Claire & 80 xx

4 comments:

  1. alans is very cool

    xxx Zari
    http://le-style-blog.blogspot.com
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/6811423

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lovely DIY <3

    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete